Organizing website content for Google is really important, but ending up with something well organized is much more difficult than what many believe at first glance. It is very important that you start by thinking about some facts before you actually open design software. All great web design companies will tell you that you have to consider the following when you start:
- What the purpose of the website is
- Changes that may have appeared since the site was first launched
- What the target demographic is
- How the site will be used to create contacts and leads
- What services or products will be sold online
- The opinion that has to be created in the mind of the visitor of a site
Organizing Website Content
- The visitor needs to be directed towards seeing the important content first. Nobody wants to read about the company and see how great it is as bragging is something that does not look great.
- Using too many words is a very bad idea. You have to keep content short and straight to the point. Take a quick look at how a 5 sentence paragraph is shown on a smartphone. It is not much information when you see it on your desktop computer but when using other tools you may be surprised to see how hard it is to read content.
- Your site’s visitors have to be offered a direction. Headers are used to draw the visitor’s eyes towards what you want them to see. Content outline will obviously guide the structure of a site.
The Importance Of Navigation