Search Engine Optimization strategies vary based on your website’s target audience and industry. You must employ the right strategies for your content’s specific needs in order to improve your search ranking and convert leads to sales. Listed below are some helpful Las Vegas SEO tips for blog articles that you can use to craft quality content in the future.
Blog SEO Tips – Step By Step
Follow these steps to optimize your blog content each and every time:
- Identify a keyword or key phrase to base your article on. For this article, the target phrase is “SEO and Search Engine Optimization,” but we are also targeting Las Vegas SEO and Las Vegas SEO tips along the way.
- Use the key phrase in your page title and meta description.
- Incorporate the key phrase in the page URL, separating each word with a hyphen. Many content management systems, like WordPress, will do this automatically if the phrase is in the page title.
- Use the key phrase naturally in the article, but avoid keyword stuffing. One occurrence per every 100 words is usually sufficient for SEO optimization.
- Work the key phrase into the H1 header (usually the title) for the page, as well as at least one subheading with H2-H6 header tags.
- Add images to your content, at least one per 400 words, and use the key phrase in the title of the images. Use the key phrase in the alt tags for the images as well.
- Assign categories to all blog posts, incorporating other key terms people may use to find your website.
- Link to high-quality articles on other websites to show search engines you are trying to educate your readers. The number of external links you use is entirely up to you, but 1-4 is fairly standard.
- Link to your own webpages within the article to encourage interaction and build up your website’s authority.
- Provide an author name and profile for the blog posts. If there is more than one author for your blog, make sure each author has a profile with a picture.
Other Search Engine Optimization Tips For Blogs
Every blog article should be written with intent, meaning that there is a central theme for the blog posts that is referenced regularly. This will usually center around the key phrase you are targeting for the article. We have mentioned “SEO” or Search Engine Optimization” several times in this article because that is our intent here.
Establish relationships with other high-quality websites to encourage them to link to your webpages. Do not do this excessively, as Google will suspect foul play if it does not look natural. If other sites use yours as a reference though, your search ranking in Las Vegas is bound to increase.
Use the tips above to improve your SEO for blog articles, and your visitors will continue to come back time and time again.