Backlinks have historically been a major factor in a website’s ranking on search engines. When used effectively, they can help you get a much-needed advantage in Las Vegas’s saturated market.
What Is a High-Quality Backlink?
A backlink is any link placed on a site that links to another site. For you, this means other sites linking back to your site, whether through a guest post, a reference in an article, or an acknowledgment on their site. These links pass on what’s known in the industry as “link juice”—power passed from one site to another through a link. This power may take the form of credibility, viewer interest, or any other benefit the link provides to your site.
Naturally, links that pass on the most link juice will be those placed in quality content on authoritative sites within the right context. Other links may still be useful, but they won’t be nearly as effective. Using high-quality backlinks in Las Vegas company sites on a monthly basis will, thus, go much further than spamming links on irrelevant sites.
Why Are Backlinks Important?
Backlinks help improve your ranking on search engines by making your site look more authoritative. If other places are linking to your content, it goes a long way toward conveying the idea that you are an authority in your field. This is vital for search engine optimization in Las Vegas and Henderson, NV. , since the market is highly competitive. If you can express how much more you know than your competitors, so much the better.
Of course, in order to have this effect, your backlinks need to be on high-quality, relevant sites. For example, if you provide credit repair services, you will want to have links on authoritative sites relevant to credit repair. If it’s not authoritative (such as an accounting student’s blog) or if it’s not really relevant to your industry (links on a pet store’s website won’t get you far), then it won’t result in much link juice.
When it comes to backlinks, quality is far more important than quantity. You can get links through an online directory, for example, but that won’t really do much for your site. It does little to nothing to establish your authority or to build customer interest, and it may not give you much online visibility in the first place. On the other hand, a single link in an article posted on an authoritative site will have a lot of weight, since they are often relying on you to establish their own credibility.
So How Do I get Backlinks?
The first thing to note is not every internet marketing company will provide you with monthly backlinks. Sure, an SEO company might boast that they can get you noticed for $299 per month, but the truth is that effective backlinks rely on effective networking with authoritative, relevant sites. As with any SEO strategy, backlinks come most reliably from a multi-faceted approach. This might include such practices as:
· Using effective content: Infographics and high-quality blog posts are great ways to get other sites to link back to your page. If an article or infographic you have published provides practical information and expresses authority, it will have an easier time finding its way to other sites as they refer to it in their own content.
· Building internal links: Linking within your site makes it more easily navigable, improving user experience and increasing its overall level of quality in the eyes of search engines. While it won’t necessarily spread your brand around as much as external links, it will help improve your site’s overall SEO quality.
· Reporting broken links: Doing a search for broken links in relevant areas is an effective way to go about link building. Simply contacting a site to let them know they have broken 404 links on their site and suggesting possible alternatives (such as your own) will go a long way.
· Minding context: Links work best when used within the context of a relevant piece of content rather than in a reference link below an article or in an article that has nothing to do with your brand.
· Networking: How many companies do you personally know who will publish links to your site? How many will take guest posts? Effective networking can drastically increase the odds that you’ll get backlinks to your site quickly.
A Las Vegas SEO company with a solid network of clients and expertise in all areas of internet marketing will be able to perform effective link building for your site.
Contact us at Platinum Web Marketing to get the jump on your competition through high-quality backlinks today!